Indian oil, NTPC Ltd, and SDMC signed MoU for Waste to Energy plant in Delhi
A Memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed on Waste to Energy plant at Okhla, Delhi, between Indian Oil, NTPC Ltd and South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) on 30 June 2020.
- Under the MoU, IndianOil, SDMC, and NTPC will jointly develop a demonstration Waste-to-energy Plant at Okhla landfill site in Delhi, using Gasification technology.
- The Plant will process 17,500 tons per annum of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) produced from combustible components of Municipal Waste to generate syngas which shall in turn be used to generate electricity.
- This Energy plant is expected to bring solutions to the management of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) in Delhi.
- The gas generation from waste will also help in cutting imports of petroleum products and saving foreign exchange.
- The technology that is used in the Delhi plant will result in less emission and also provide usable residues.