Kerala topped NSO report as the Most literate state in India
Kerala topped the list of the most literate states in India in the National Statistical Office survey. Kerala’s literacy rate is 96.2%. Andhra Pradesh was the last with a literacy rate of 66.4%. The report was published by the Ministry of Statistics and Union Program Implementation.
- The NSO report was titled “Social Household Consumption on Education in India”.
- The report provides details by the state on the education of people over 7 years of age.
- The survey used the date between July 2017 and June 2018 as baseline data.
- According to the report, India’s overall literacy rate is 77.7%.
- The literacy rate in rural India is 73.5% and 87.7% in urban areas.
- The report indicates that 84.7% of men and 70.3% of women over the age of seven are literate.
- The survey showed that about 23% of the urban population and 4% of the rural population have access to computers. He said about 24% of households in India, or 15% in rural areas and 42% in urban areas, have access to the internet.
- Delhi is in second place with a literacy rate of 88.7%. It is followed by Uttarkhand with 87.6% and Himachal Pradesh with 86.6%.
- In addition, Rajasthan occupied the penultimate place with a literacy rate of 69.7%.