MoRTH organized the Orientation and Training Programme of iRAD App
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways organized a 2-day orientation and training program on the iRAD application on September 7 and 8 for selected districts of Karnataka, and on September 10 and 11, 2020 for some districts of the ‘Uttar Pradesh.
- The basic iRAD application has been developed. The application will be customized/integrated according to the requirements of the relevant States / UTs.
- The iRAD mobile app is available currently for the Android platform, and for other platforms like iOS will be available soon.
- The application will enable stakeholders such as police, transport, health, etc. to use their mobile phones to collect accident data on-site.
- An integrated database project on road accidents (iRAD) was proposed on the computer system for entering ad hoc data on accidents using a mobile application configured for this purpose.
- The data thus collected can then be used for various purposes such as researching the causes of accidents and corrective measures to improve the road infrastructure, to record accident data for use by the police, health services and other relevant services.