Union HRD Minister launched YUKTI 2.0 platform for Higher Education Institutes in New Delhi
Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ on 23 June 2020 in New Delhi. The initiative aims to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in higher education institutions.
- YUKTI stands for Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology & Innovation
- YUKTI 2.0 is the logical extension of the earlier version of ‘YUKTI’.
- The initiative aims to identify ideas relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- YUKTI 2.0 will help in fostering the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the academic institutions.
- The initiative is expected to help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country.
- It will also support creative innovations and technologies to help the society at large.
- The portal will prove to be a milestone towards promoting innovations and entrepreneurship culture in the higher education system and involving youth in nation-building.
YUKTI was launched on 11 April 2020 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to cover the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a very holistic and comprehensive way. It was launched with an aim to ensure that students, teachers, and researchers in higher educational institutions are getting appropriate support to meet the requirements needed to advance their technologies and innovations. The outcomes of the earlier version of ‘YUKTI’ will be released soon by MHRD.