NITI Aayog launched Behaviour Change Campaign Navigating the New Normal and Website
NITI Aayog, in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Centre for Social and Behavioural Change (CSBC), Ashoka University, and the Ministries of Health and Ministry of Women and Child Development launched a behavior change campaign called ‘Navigating the New Normal’, and its website on 25 June. Around 92,000 Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) working with NITI Aayog participated in the virtual launch via a webcast.
- The campaign focuses on COVID-19-safe behaviors, especially wearing masks, during the ‘Unlock’ phase of the ongoing pandemic.
- The campaign & website was developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6, constituted by the Government of India and chaired by CEO, NITI Aayog.
- The campaign has two parts.
The first is a web portal, http://www.covidthenewnormal.com/, containing resources informed by behavioral science and the use of nudge and social norms theory, related to COVID-safe behavioural norms during the ongoing Unlock phase
The second is a media campaign focused on the wearing of masks.
1. Empowered Group 6 & Ministry of Health nudged the citizens towards desired social behaviour.
2. The effort aims to provide people with prompts and reminders along with simple, easy-to-practice ideas of designing their environment in such a manner that practicing these behaviours become easy.